Just another week in " Paradise"





This past week has been just lots more of "another day in paradise", the weather has been terrific, we have been snorkeling, cleaning the bottom, fishing, and I have been putting in my hour a day internet marketing. Oh, and the mosquitoes are out in droves just to remind us that we aren't in heaven yet!!

The fishing was blah, didn't even catch a retarded fish, which is the only kind I would have caught, because my hook was rusty and dull and I was too lazy to take off the trolling lure while I was jigging for bottom fish, but I did have a lovely tour around the bay a couple of days in a row.(Oops, shouldn't say retarded, I was hoping to catch a mentally challenged fish!) I would have been happy to snag one, or even hit it on the head with the lure, just so I could get dinner, but it didn't happen.

Found a new marketing site that I am going to try for 2 months to see if I can improve my odds, it is http:cbpirate.com/s/cbp/phylomena. It is a pirate thing and I find that is rather appropos to us sailing. It appeals to my sense of humor.

Have been really enjoying my internet marketing experience, it has been a great learning time, and gives me something useful to do with my day rather than just housework,reading, snorkeling and fishing. I remember the last time we went cruising 30 years ago, one of the reasons that we quit, besides running out of money of course, was that we didn't feel useful. I think it has something to do with the work ethic that both of us grew up with. Anyway, right now I am enjoying my couple of hours a day researching sites and signing up for all the free stuff I can get. When I started this I put a cap of $100. a month for advertising and so far I haven't even gotten close. And so far, truth be told I haven't made any money at it, have had more hits on my websites etc, but no actual business.

We are presently in a beautiful little town called Loretto, and it is a gem. There are only 15,000 people here, and it is really old Mexico. It has a long history in the settlement of the Baja, and north into California. It was the center for establishing Missions throughout Baja and California, and use to be the capital of Baja, until La Paz took that honor. We spent most of yesterday wandering around town and I took a bunch of pictures, Shall see if I have mastered the art of posting them on the blog. Oops, the pictures are too large, shall fix it next time. We are heading out to an anchorage to do some swimming, and hopefully get away from the mosquitoes. Have a great week.

Phyllis

Comments

  1. Maybe we should look at Loreto for out destination this winter?? Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans