Shortfall on Pension Plans

Gary was reading me “Thoughts from the Frontline” by John Mauldin this morning while we were sitting in the cockpit and I was drinking my coffee. Normally I don't pay 100 % before coffee, but a couple of things hit me while I was listening.

John goes on to talk about the USA cities and states primarily and the pension funds that have been promised to all government workers, and how they have all based their interest on their funds on 7% returns, and further with a lot of facts to back this up states that they are getting close to 3% return on their bonds and stocks. So the money has to come from somewhere, and it seems to be tied back to the taxpayers. Either the property owners or the state taxes.

If you wish to read the entire article it can be found at

Normally I don't get too involved with the economics papers, sort of the lesse faire attitude, that what will be will be, and also he is talking about the USA and not Canada, but I really wonder how this is going to effect all Canadians as well.

As people are living longer, and may have 20 to 30 years of pensions there has to be a crunch somewhere, because the birthrates are also going down, so who is going to pay for all these pensions. Also, with the interest rate at practically nil, our money in the bank is earning zip.

Mr. Mauldin goes on to say, that we need to forget the retirement age and get an income that we can continue working on far into our “old age” (which just happens to be 10 years older than you are now). And that is where my interest peaked. Because my Shaklee business is perfect for that. It lets me work, even while we are boating, gives us another source of income than the Canadian OAP, which by the way, doesn't even vaguely cover the cost of living.

He also says, that it is wise to maintain the best health you can, because getting old and sick will limit your options. And again, I go back to our Shaklee products, which have made a huge difference in our lives and our health. Vivix which is designed to help you “Feel 25 years Younger and Live 25 years Longer” is a staple in our cupboards. Tomorrow is Gary's 77th birthday, and he is still the energizing bunny he has always been.


Just some thoughts on a well written article. 

PhyllisStratton.com

Comments

  1. Exactly Phyllis. My Young Living business is serving the same role for us. Income plus products that help us to have better health

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Diabetes, and What you Should Know