Lonely in Baja

Hi there, well, if you read Gary's blog you know that he is no longer in Baja watching all the "blue" stuff" on the boat, so as well as the "pink" stuff, I have to do the blue stuff. Makes for a challenge, because batteries and bilge pumps etc, are not my forte. But I hope to be proficient by the time he gets back, altho, I have to hope that nothing major breaks down, minor I can handle, I think, but major, not so much. It is definitely giving me time to work on my internet business, as well as catch up on my reading. I am impatiently waiting for the new batch of baja ha ha people to get here because the library is running out of new stuff to read. So hopefully by Nov. we will have some new books.

Today was rain, now I know that for the Pacific northwest people that is nothing to write about, but when you realize that we were here 9 months and not a drop, you can appreciate how it might be a topic of conversation. Woke up at 2:30 with raindrops falling on my bed, and had to quickly close hatches and windows, and find a dry spot to sleep when I got back in bed. Having a hatch over the bed is great for breezes but not so wonderful for rain in the night.

Forgot to mention that we are back in La Paz, or should I say, I am back in La Paz. We have a tropical storm warning for the next couple of days, so I am a bit apprehensive about how it will go. This will be #3 for us. We had hurricane Jamina, then Tropical storm Olaf, and now tropical storm Patricia. So I am hopeful this will be the last. I am going to post all my business news in the next post. that will be easier for me to file them.

The other thing that I have also neglected to mention in any post is the interesting wildlife that we have come across. Of course there are the pelicans which will keep us amused for hours, they even have training classes once in awhile, for the young ones I guess. And it is neat to watch them in formation diving and crashing. But as well, we have seem a number of turtles, of all sizes, altho, I missed the newborns as they made their way to the sea. Of course there are dolphins, a number of different breeds, and whales, a couple I have not identified as yet, because our book on whales is much too detailed, and not enough pictures. then there are the beautiful butterflies, that seem to have disappeared from my venue in Canada, and it is fantastic to see them so prolific here. Birds, birds and more birds, wish I had a good bird book, because I have no idea what kinds there are. We have one diving bird that dives right under the boat at anchor, and scares me at least 5 0r 6 times a day. Fish of all types, it is like snorkeling in an aquarium some days, a real rainbow of colours and sizes and shapes. Some are even good to eat!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans