Mish mash of ideas & Happy New Year

Think I sort of  told you about our Toqeedo motor, the little electric one.  It sure seemed like the right idea at the time, we wanted something that would get the inflateable back and forth to the docks and the beaches, and it did work for that quite great, but as with everything  it definitely had its limitations. eg: if you wanted to go any distance it did about 2-3 mph so it could take awhile, and the batteries seemed to have to take a fair amount of care. Altho, as I explained to a couple of people, you have to keep gas in your tank as well, but...... truth be told, we found that they had to be put on the charger almost every day. Now, Gary wouldn't exactly agree with all that but when I was here by myself I found that to be true, and if I didn't charge them every day I did run out of motor and had to row!!  I was rescued a couple of times, as I drifted beyond my rowing capacity due to the strong currents in La Paz harbour.  So this week when we found that we had to row everywhere, and we were staying too close to the marina for our comfort, we broke down and bought a Suzuki 8 hp "gas" guzzling outboard.  Now we can zoom across the anchorages making lots of noise and using up the worlds resources of  petroleum just like most of the other cruising boats.  Not too sure that I feel great about that but the grandkids will love it when they come to visit!!  Our Torqeedo has to go back to somewhere in the USA to be repaired, so we will have the Suzzy motor for at least awhile. 

On to another subject that is dear to my heart.  Internet marketing.  If any of you have ever wanted to dabble in internet marketing I happened upon a site this past Christmas season that took my interest.  Or should I say Janet Legere brought it to my attention, and then I took a look at it. Mostly, I don't pay much attention to all the advertising that comes thru my "y" mail account. It is just more advertising. But as Janet said, this one keeps popping up so take a look at it.  http://mymoneyfish.com/u/phylomena

There is lots of  information on internet marketing, tons of free material that you can learn everything you ever wanted to, and also you can earn some extra cash,  they say you can earn from $2000-$20,000 a month.  But........as we all know that won't happen unless you do some serious promoting and advertising.  And probably for us newbies to internet marketing that is not a reality, but ignore the hype and check into the site.  It is only $9.95 and well worth it for all the material that is there, and it is in prelaunch so you might make a few dollars as well as learn whether internet marketing is for you.


This has been an interesting year for lots of new stuff.  Herb & Sherri introduced me to a new site for Christmas and birthday cards and I really loved them, so I now have another resource.


jacquielawson.com.
Found a great site for shoes at  shoebuy.com 
I had never ordered shoes online before, and when Gary brought them down, I was "hoping" they would be fine. and they were. Just great.

So Happy New Year everyone, and hopefully it will be a great 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans