Subasta 2009, marketing, and our new Cathedral

That's a lot to cover for one little Blog, but there has been a lot happening this month, and so sorry that it has been a whole month.

Try the Cathedral first. After reading the news the other week about Ahmademajad and his antics, I felt I needed some peace so I wandered off to the cathedral on Sunday 3 weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. They are remodelling an old cathedral, doing it piece by piece, and it is really a beautiful experience.  The floor of course will probably be the last to be done, and it is just rough cement.  But the copper on the dome is now gleaming in the sun. The stain glass windows are missing but are on the drawing boards but the grotto for the "Lady of Guadalupe" is coming along beautifully.  The flowers every Sunday in the church are spectacular, so many varieties and everywhere. They seem to be all donated, because people just walk in with a bunch and add them to the various spots. And the people, well, I haven't seen so many people going to church since I was a kid. They have Mass all day on Sun, and 2 on Sat evening and as far as I can see they are all packed, standing room only. (I have been 3 different times).  I really don't understand Spanish at all, but the mass is the same as ever, and the music is wonderful. So I think I will continue to turn up and pray for our world on Sundays.

Now on to marketing. Nothing is happening as fast as I would like it to. According to Google Analytics, my sites are getting good hits, which is a plus, but I don't really have anyway of knowing who is going there, so I have to do some more research to track that. I really want to know what the people are looking for and which program they may be interested in. When I find out how to do that, I'll let you know.  Also the New Rich Report has cut ties with GVO, and now comes the time to decide which to continue with. New Rich has its own autoresponder now, and of course there is a cost, and I really am not prepared to pay for 2, so I have to continue checking out the choices. I really like the GVO system http://gogvo.com/phylomena  for all their extras and I also like the New Rich http://www.newrichreport.com/phylomena  for all the basic info. It can teach people all they need to know about internet marketing and it is free. I think I am tending to go with both, and leave out the autoresponder with NRR.. Shall see, but that is the direction I am leaning toward.

And of course  the Club Cruceros Subasta 2009, where a great time was had by all. It is a charity event, for Famlap which helps the school kids with tuition books, uniforms, bus transport etc.etc. People donate stuff, everything imaginable including boat pieces, paintings, clothes, etc etc, and of course they have food booths, and beer booths.  The silent auction was on for 2 hours in the morning, and then the real auction started and didn't end until 4 in the afternoon. I bought some pot holders, and would have liked some of the "only in La Paz" pottery.  Did  pick up a few used clothes from the bazaar tables, and just generally socialized and had a great day.  It is for a worthy cause and Club Cruceros started it sometime in the 80's. There were even some flat screen TV's up for auction.

All for now, happy sailing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans