Our Social life

Jan 8, 2010

Sometimes I think we have a busier social life cruising than we ever had at home. What with coffee hour every morning, SASS (sisters aquiring sea skills) meetings every week, mexican train dominoes twice a week, jam sessions on Wed evening, darts on Fridays, monthly womens luncheons in a new restaurant every month. Not to mention all the boat hopping in the evenings to catch up on friends, and of course the numerous pot-lucks for everything from "hurray" its Friday, to Christmas, New years, valentines, new moon, old moon, and full moon. 
Sometimes I wonder how we ever have time to get things accomplished.

But yesterday, I did manage to ferret out an English speaking doctor that I think I am going to like. I had to get my blood work done again for my INR and am running out of pills so it was time.  I have sort of put it off.  But, all things must be done eventually.........So yesterday I went down to Feidapas by one of the hospitals and thought I would take my chances.  Had heard the lab was good so for $20.00 got my INR down, and while I was waiting for the results went into the clinic a few doors down and asked if they had a doctor who spoke English, and Yeah, they did, and he would be in in 10 minutes.  What a neat doctor, we had a great talk about my meds etc. and also vitamins, he is a great believer in taking all of them.  He did suggest I added CoQ10, to the list that I am already taking. Good for the heart and all that.  He was familiar with Shaklee because it is active in Mexico, so we got along just great.  He is also going to an "anti-aging" conference this next week, so he was really interested in out Vivix, so I gave him a brochure. He gave me all my prescriptions, so now I can go up to Loretto with no fears of running out of pills.

http://strattons.myshaklee.com

Also this week I finally got all my paper work in for my FM3, which is a fancy name for a tourist visa that lasts for 1 year instead of 6 months. With the normal tourist visa you have to leave every 6 months to get another one, but with an FM3 you just need to renew it every year. Saves plane fare etc. The paper work is a bit involved because you have to prove that you can support yourself, which means bank statements etc, as well as a letter from the marina, and a letter saying why you want to be here, and passport photos etc. etc. Of course it is all done in Spanish, and altho, I had all the papers translated already, it just seemed like a lot of stuff. The last time I flew into Cabo, the customs guy asked me why I didn't have my FM3, he seemed to think that all boaters should have one??  Anyway, now the stuff is in the system, and none too soon either, because I had 180 days on my tourist visa and I had come in in July, so I was down to the wire. I actually did go in on the 18th of  Dec. but they said they were closed for Christmas and to come back after the 5th of Jan.

We are still enjoying La Paz, even tho it has been a cold winter, goes down to 48 some mornings, and of course back up to 70-80 during the day, but still quite cool for this area. Am even wearing sweaters in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans