Hi there,

There have been a number of people who have said that I should write more because we are living the life that millions of North Americans would love to have, and want to take part in even just thru a blog.  Well, I have to tell you that I find it difficult to find stuff to write about.  Our life isn't really much different that any one elses.  As an example, the last couple of days have been pretty typical, and yet really interesting.  Yesterday, I went in for coffee hour, (9:30-10:30), met a friend and headed off to the hairdressers, had my hair cut by a rather large Mexican guy who used a razor to cut hair, and did an excellent job, by the way. This is the 3rd hairdresser I have tried in La Paz, and I believe I will go back to this guy, even tho my hair is rather short, but great for swimming this summer. After that we walked a few blocks, caught the 8 peso bus and went to lunch at a place that reminds me of Denny's, but isn't, then off to Home Depot, for some 2 sided tape and a bungy cord and some foam paint brushes.  And then off to Wal-Mart for a few groceries, and then taxi back to the marina, load it all into the skiff and out to the boat.  It all took until 4 in the afternoon, after which I sat in the cockpit with a cold beer and read a book.  (of course I had to put all the stuff away, that goes without saying.

Today, was almost a repeat of yesterday including the coffee hour, except that Jean had a pick-up, so the home depot and Wal-mart was simpler.  We did find a new to me great place for lunch, I have to take Gary there when he gets back. Full course, soup, entree, desert for 55 pesos. and really great food.  Jean also showed me a new place to get the Best Tortillas, and a super bakery.  So it was a really great day, full of new wonders.  And I will eat well for the next few days with fresh tortillas and cookies and pastries.  Forgot to mention she also introduced me to a new marine store that Gary probably knows but I didn't.  It is great when you have a car and can run all over the place. 

Loading stuff in the skiff is always fun, and when I am on board by myself, getting it out of the skiff is even more fun. With the current running, as it usually does in this harbor, you have to hold on to the big boat with one hand and reach down with the other to put stuff on board.  Just imagine trying to unload your car as it is driving forward at 4 knots, and don't break the eggs!  PS: it's probably easier with the car because it doesn't jump up and down while you are doing it.  The wave action can sometimes be a challenge here. But so far, I haven't fallen in or lost too much stuff overboard, and the eggs always seem to be intact.

So you see, just a normal day in the life of a cruiser that is in harbor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans