Still alone and enjoying it

Wow, it seems like the time has flown by, and I haven't really gotten much accomplished, the long list hasn't gotten any shorter.  Today, I listened to the webinar with what is happening in Shaklee and was really impressed.  They have got a new program for fundraising for non profit organizations, which has been going gangbusters in Canada and the USA, there is a bit of fine tuning for Canadians because organizations don't want to loose their tax breaks, but if they can have bake sales etc. they can use the program.  (call me and we can work it out).  Anyway, it was an excellent presentation, and I want to put the info on my website. Its not up yet, so give me a day or so to play with it.  Or call me and I will give it the site location to you.

http://strattons.myshaklee.com
Skype: Apolima 46

Most businesses and industry these days are looking for ways to reduce their carbon imprint and all the Shaklee "Get Clean" products are an excellent way to do this. And if we can only get 10% of the people caring about the enviroment it will make a terrific difference.  Go to my new website at the fast track and get your name in the draw to win a "Get Clean Kit" to see what we are talking about.

http://thefasttrackplan.com/svapolima

Have been reading this great book on gardening and eating foods grown in your district, by Barbara Kingsolver. An excellent read on how the family went from the north american diet to eating the local produce in the farmers market etc. that was grown organically as well as locally.  (She would probably have a fit if she knew that was how I described her book, but that was what I got out of it.)  Anyway, a great read, and a lot to think about.  Since I have more time to think I decided that in the sea of Cortez here we do a lot of that already.  Our tortillas are made in the local tortorilla, and we eat a fair number of those, our limes are grown here and are about $2.00 for 2 kilos, we buy bread from the "bread guy" who bakes every day and has the most delicious sour dough bread as well as a number of other crusty breads with mucho grains.  I can never remember all the names.  And of course we go to the markets and get loads of veggies, altho, I haven't started asking them where they are grown.  But I think I might start doing that.  She makes a point of saying that your veggies should have dirt on them, so you know they came from a garden, and the cabbage I bought on Sat. definitely fit that description!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans