Why do the Pelicans use my boat as their toilet?

It has been a year since I started this internet marketing, and lots of ups and downs.  One thing that I really didn't expect was the learning curve. So much to learn and so little time. But the other thing that I didn't expect was the wasted time and money. So at the end of this year, having gotten nothing but a lot of frustration and a whole lot of cynicism I have had to re-assess.
The first thing I did was to weigh all the facts, do I want to continue, or should I just give up and say, no thanks.  And I came to the conclusion that I would give it one more year, and if I was still spending more than I was making, well then it would be time to re-assess again.
The second thing that I did was call up Janet Legere, who use to do some of the Shaklee "Land of And" conference calls.  She seemed to make a lot of sense and was marketing on the internet, and I have been getting emails from her for the past year, so I thought I would see what she had to say. So  I called and said HELP!
She suggested that I join a program call earth friendly biz, and just follow all the directions. and don't get side tracked. So I did.

http://earthfriendlybiz.com/PhyllisStratton

Now there is one thing that I did learn over the last year is that it is easy to be all over the board, and try this program and that one, and just spin your wheels.  So this year, not so much! I may read a bunch of adds that sound like my first million is just around the corner, but my belief system says, no, no, no. Because that isn't the way it happens.
Every system out there, and there are lots of them, will probably work, if you work it. But the big money is being made by the guys who set up the systems, because they have the lists. You really need credibility. And you don't get that by just being one more ad on the internet.  Like with Janet, I sort of  knew of her, then I listened to what she had to say, then she came across as being credible, and so when I wanted advice, she was a logical one to ask.  Now, I am sure there may be others out there that you can do the same with, but I don't know them, and to be honest, seeing some of their videos, I really don't ever want to know them!

The other thing that I like about her system, is that at any time I feel like I am sinking and need advice, all I have to do is call her. She is more than happy to talk you thru your problems, and give you direct advice, sometimes, more direct than I want to hear.  But when I have been working online, one thing I really don't want to do is send in some sort of letter, get a number, and wait for an answer. And usually that is just technical stuff, not nuts and bolts info. And all newbies need a hand holding. So I am hoping that as my business grows I remember this fact and can be as accessible.

Anyway, that's my decision for this next year. If you have any interest in an online business, check out this link and see if it works for you.

http://earthfriendlybiz.com/PhyllisStratton
 
Shall post my experience with Dockwise in the next blog.

PS: The pelicans dive bombing my boat are still an age old question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans