Living on a boat must be Boring?

What a week it has been. People often ask "Are you bored, what do you do all day, it must be really boring to just stay on a boat."  Well, I'm here to tell you that is not true, emphatically, not true.

For one thing I am working on internet marketing, and the learning curve is horrendous! Every day brings a new challenge, and I can't see it stopping anywhere soon. This morning I have been trying to set up a new blog specifically for marketing with word press blog.  They assure me, it will take an hour at most, but it is noon, and not done yet. I must admit, that some of the problems seem to be with my connection (3G from Telcel) or else my computer, because some of the stuff just seems to not want to load.  But it is frustrating all the same. So, I quit and start again after an hour or so to give us all time to cool down. (my computer and myself). I did get the domain names registered thru GVO so that is done.  By the way, I do love GVO, it has been great for autoresponder and understanding marketing, and the conference room etc. and of course it will now host my new blog. If any of that interests you check it out at: http://phylomena.gogvo.com

Besides all the marketing stuff, and believe me that takes a lot of my day.  On days when I just want to send my adds it takes no time at all maybe an hour or so, but I seem to always want to go on to learn to do something else.  Anyway, I was saying, I still have all the "blue" jobs to do since Gary is still back in Canada. "Blue" jobs, for you who are wondering, are jobs that men do (hence-blue) and lugging water back and forth and keeping fuel in the outboard, and making sure the engine has oil, and attempting to keep the decks clear of dust that is generated by our strong winds and the dessert, all fall under that category.   And then of course the 'pink" jobs don't go away either, altho, not having to cook for a husband makes mealtimes so much less bother.  No one to want meat potatoes and veggies, just a salad or a Cinch bar or shake or a  beer and popcorn does it . So, no, it is not boring. In fact, I love my life here, and really wouldn't trade it for the convenience of a dishwasher and regular flushing toilets.

And one last thing, to follow along on my trend of Synchronicity, I have been reading "Rich Dad's" Business School again. And working on dreaming big dreams, instead of little dreams. He says in there "Dream big.....and never loose sight of your dream. Even if you never achieve the dream, it is far better to have a big dream and go for  that dream, than to dream small and achieve a small dream............the difference between a successful person and a very successful person is the size of their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering the Marshall Islands

Shortfall on Pension Plans